Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tres Amigos Playgroup Celebrates Father's Day


Hands down, this was the most WONDERful way to honor our babies Daddies... 
Tres Amigos y Amiga 
Celebrate Father's Day in a SUPER way! 
By Gina Johnson

photo.JPG

When I found out that I was going to be hosting Tres Amigos for Father’s Day, my ideas started flowing quickly. Then when I found out our little Amiga Peyton was going to be in Florida for our playdate, I was over the moon excited to host! What can be better than playing with friends, eating and laughing all while honoring DAD at the same time? NOTHING!!
My inspiration of course came from WONDER Mommy! Every time I think of the word “mom”, I instantly think of super woman. I mean after all, moms have to have super powers to complete our daily list of “life’s chores." From cooking to cleaning to driving to healing; moms do it ALL or so we think. 
But what about Dad? Let’s face it, our little ones wouldn’t be here without their help. All too often dads seem to get over looked. So, this Father’s Day I wanted to honor dad in a powerful way. Thus came…Super Dad!
Once I had my theme of Super Dad, I started my research on none other than Pinterest. I came across http://workmanfamily.typepad.com/our_life/crafts/. This is where I found the Super Dad banner and some of the décor. I just love the Dad’s Root Beer and the red, blue and yellow color scheme.

CLOTHING ATTIRE:

Super hero colors or superhero shirts
1.jpg
Mason, Bradley, Peyton, Luke


FOOD:

 I wanted to keep with the super hero theme, so my brother’s girlfriend made table tents for us that said the following:
-Mighty Munchies (Spiderman graham crackers)
-Power Dip (Tuna fish, Egg Salad and cream cheese) 
-Super sandwiches (assortment of bagels and homemade frittatas) 
-Superhero vitamins (Fruit) 
 -Power Bars (muffins).
CRAFTS:

Purchased at Michael’s-
 D-A-D Greeting Card- $1.99 for a pack of 6 
D-A-D letters-$3.99
For the handprint: 
Cardstock paper- .49
White washable paint- $1.99


Purchased at the local $1 Store-
Button/Ribbon
DAD’s Root Beer
Paper Goods

1.jpg
Finished Product:
Photo shoot outside, using the D-A-D letters
1.jpg
Craft Table 

photo.JPG
Super Dad Poem
photo.JPG
Bradley coloring 


photo.JPG
Mason helping Mommy






  • Remember your children are Super Hero's too! Their special power is loving their Daddies (and Mommies). That's where YOU get your strength! 

    HAPPY FATHER'S DAY 

    TO ALL THE SUPER DAD'S 

    IN THE UNIVERSE! 

    Hope this helps inspire you in a powerful way... how will you honor the Super Hero Dad in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment