Saturday, January 25, 2014
How to Make a No Sew Fleece Scarf
1) Head to your local fabric store to pick out a fun fleece pattern. I brought my son with me to help pick out the pattern of his choice.
Polar fleece is a synthetic fabric. It is light, soft, durable and it does not fray! Hence the no sew!!!
2) When you get home, use a scissors to figure out what size would be best for your child. (I started with 4ft long, 1ft wide)
3) Lay the piece of fleece flat on the table and cut long even fringes along the width of the scarf. You can have your child help with this, which is great for hand-eye coordination.
4) Optional: Once the fringes are made you can put a knot at the bottom or even the top of the fringe to add some extra style.
5) Just like that, the scarf is ready to wear !!!
Have fun and stay warm!!