One of the most intriguing aspects of being eco-conscious is that there is a huge spectrum of “green” and we can adapt our lifestyles to being more environmentally friendly based on our own resources and lifestyle choices. There are so many ways to “green” your life and it is the collective efforts across the globe that will contribute to a more sustainable Earth.
Here is a list of simple, affordable and sustainable lifestyle choices that can create exponentially beneficial results for Mother Earth…
1. Decrease phantom energy consumption by unplugging unused chargers and appliances.
2. Reuse scrap paper. Print on two sides, or let your kids color on the back side of used paper.
3. Turn off your computer completely at night.
4. Support your local economy and shop at your farmer’s market.
5. Turn off lights when you leave the room.
6. Buy an inexpensive reusable water bottle, and stop buying plastic disposable bottles.
7. Switch one appliance to an energy efficient model (look for the “energy star” label).
8. Switch all your light bulbs to CFLs (or at least switch a few).
9. Plant an herb, vegetable or fruit garden.
10. Don’t turn on lights at all for as long as you can—open your curtains and enjoy natural light.